Thursday 8 October 2009

WISH YOU WERE HERE...


So... this feels slightly like I'm writing a postcard...


Dear You,

I've had my first session of VCT today, and I have to say it was refreshing to get back into discussing the contextualization of Graphic Design. We looked at designer's work and movements
, and after coming out of the session, I headed home and started drawing. The pictures below are of my sketchbook entries from today. The pictures might not be the best quality, but they show the work, and I guess that's all that matters...

(Blackberry image my appologies)

This is a bizarre creature i thought up after looking at a selection of work by Nick Gazin(keleteen.livejournal.com), Annabel Dover(annabeldover.com) and Lucinda Rogers(heartagency.com/html/lucinda_frameset.html).

Recently, I went to visit my friend Lucie in Bournemouth, where we went for lunch at a place called Sixty Million Postcards. The name deriving from the fact that when they opened, sixty million postcards had been received in Bo
urnemouth. While there I picked up a flyer with a drawing of a rabbit on the front. I later discovered it was by a woman called Kate Copeland. "I've just completed a series of 10 illustrations for 580 Limited, to be used for promotional use in the bars. A different illustration will be used for each monthly flyer in Sixty Million Postcards, Bournemouth" said Copeland on katecopeland.blogspot.com.

There you go, my inspiration behind the 'Sweer' I created. I hope to be drawing and taking proper photos more regularly from now on, so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment