Monday 2 November 2009

SO, IT'S BEEN A WHILE...


Dear You,

Appologies for the delay in posting anything... I don't really know what happened... The last couple of weeks have felt rather hectic, but I have learnt alot and enjoyed every minute! I we
nt along to the Tate Modern to see the Pop Life exhibit (as I said in the last post... BLIMEY, that was a while ago!!!). It was amazing, and the new installation in the Turbine Hall is impressive!



I remember a couple of years ago doing one of these postcards (see the second one below) and it being put up on this wall... These ones looked pretty neat too, and a particular favourite of mine was the one below.



We also had a number of workshops, including a fascinating one on "Research", which I have included a picture of below. We were looking at the different ways of gathering information and came up with the idea of looking at each of our sketchbooks, keys and contents of our pockets to define our personalities.


We were then asked to split into pairs and carry out the research individually. Bianca (my partner) and I decided to ask each person to make their favourite noise, whilst we took a picture of them. I'm affraid I have not got the final production as it is still in editing, but it worked well I can assure you. The only thing I would say is that I would, in future, edit the final roll properly and maybe given them props to work with...



We also had a Typography workshop, which I thoroughly enjoyed as I love hand drawn typography. We had the chance to design our name with the typefaces we were given. Here is the one I designed below. Predictably, even though asked to put our first name above our surname, I accidentally put my surname above my first name. OOPS! It worked well though, I think...



As well as these workshops, I decided to sign up to the Photoshop/Illustrator class held in the afternoon to help me speed up in that area. After a slow start, I created a picture, taken from a photograph taken when I was walking on the beach back home... but I can't find the file... booo!

Whilst doing that, I have been doing some design work
for Marc B handbags which has been pretty exciting! Here is some of the work so far...



'till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment